- Location: Altamont Gardens, between Ballon and Tullow on the N80
- Path: Great selection of Woodland paths. The Path around the lake is only suitable for a buggy approx 1-2km long. The longer path down to the river is not suitable for a buggy.
- Parking: Parking €2 for the whole day but fills quickly on weekends.
- Facilities: Coffee shop, toilets, water fountains and garden centre sales. Seating scattered throughout the walk, Picnic Benches, Drinking Water Fountain
- Features: 40 Acres of gardens and woodland walks, lakes filled with wildlife. Peacocks randomly walking the lawns. There is a big tree in the middle of the lawn where children love to climb into the middle of the tree and its a nice place to have a picnic under it.
Check out more family-friendly walks in Carlow here