Panoramic views leave lasting impression
We have just returned from a fabulous four day visit to Yeats’ Sligo. We had hoped to explore more walks but alas the weather was up to its usual westerly tricks. However the sun made a cameo appearance for a short spell on Saturday so we took advantage.
This breath-taking walk is located on Rosses Point Peninsula, just outside Sligo Town. Rosses Point holds a special place in our hearts as we had our wedding reception in the Yacht Club and pre-Aideen visited the beach regularly. We highly recommend a trip there also.
- Ample free parking
- Roadside (along the sea wall)
- Yeats Country Hotel
- Beach car park
- Linear walk
- The village is not paved so we recommend staying on the footpath by the sea
- 4 km out and back starting just at the entry to Rosses Point
- Spectacular views of Sligo Bay and beyond
- Bars – Austies & Harrys
- Hotel – Yeats Country
- Cafe – The Little Cottage Cafe (recommend this spot for sure)
- Beach Access
- Short scenic walk (paved but steep in one section)
- Outdoor gym equipment
- Look out for the Metal Man & the ‘Waiting on the Shore‘ sculpture
- Public toilets (very basic, seasonal opening times, no changing facilities)
Find more wheel and family-friendly walks in Sligo click here.